Dear Sokol Spirit Families,
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from the community about if
and how COVID-19 will change this year’s Sokol Season. We know this outbreak has been stressful to many and recognize that exercising and participating in activities like sports can be a healthy way
to cope with stress and connect with our community.
After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to provide some
Outdoor Summer Sokol Sessions while following CDC considerations to protect athletes, families, and our community.
The health and safety of our athletes, families, and volunteers remain our highest priority. Below, you will find a summary of actions
we are taking and guidelines for athlete participation to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible.
Classes- For the summer we will only be offering
30-40 minute outdoor sessions that will be structured to reduce closeness or contact between athletes when possible.
- Masks- All athletes will be required to wear a mask until they get to their participation location designated by a coach. At that time, they
may remove their mask if desired but should re-apply when the session is over and they return to their
- Temperature Checks- We will be taking and recording temperatures of all coaches and participants prior to the start of class. Anyone with a temperature
of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to
who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19— including athletes, family members, and coaches — should not attend class. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include
fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
- Water - Please bring your own water bottles as we will be outside in summer temperatures with limited access to the drinking fountains
- Bathrooms - We encourage you to use the bathroom at home before arriving at Sokol Spirit. The bathrooms in the basement of our building will be
available for limited use during class times as long as individuals are wearing a mask.
- Hand sanitizer - Please take advantage of our hand sanitizer dispensers as
- COVID-19 Waiver - All participants must sign a COVID-19 safety waiver prior to